Friday, May 11, 2012

Chippie Pot

I have this clay pot that goes with NONE of my home deco.  My husband had it with a sickly cactus in it when we got married.  The cactus finally died a few months ago and it was about to go to Goodwill until I decided to play around with paint and Vaseline. 


A friend at work asked me recently if I have ever used Vaseline when I paint to create the chipped old look.  I have not and actually haven't even read anyone else who has so I thought I'd try it out and see what happened.
As usual, I cleaned the outside of the pot before I started and then put little smears of Vaseline on the clean pot.  Keep in mind, this was my first time trying this trick so I wasn't doing it in any specific way.  In the picture below, you can see that there looks like little smudges on the paint...that's where the Vaseline is underneath.


So I coated the pot pretty good with paint and let it dry completely.  Once it was dry, I took a paper towel and began rubbing the paint off (easily) where I had put Vaseline.


I was shocked at how quick and easy this was.  It was as if there had never been paint there and the Vaseline came off really easily.  That's my favorite, quick and easy, but a dramatic change.  One tip...if you are looking to have smaller chip/peal marks, put smaller "strands" of Vaseline.  Wherever the Vaseline touches, the paint will come off.


Sweet and SUPER Simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment