Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Day 4 of 10

Today I will be showing you how I created this easy bunting for my friend's nursery. 

I started with a burlap coffee bag that I bought from our local feed store for $1.50.  I carefully cut out the letters so as to create as little fraying as possible.  I chose all black letters and one green letter to bring in a little holiday color. 

I cut triangles out of white burlap and glued each letter to it's own triangle.  Burlap can be ironed, so if it has major creases, flatten it out before you try to cut. 

Then I used some grey and white twisted yarn, similar to bakers twine, and stuck the yarn through the top of each triangle.  To reinforce the string and burlap, I did use tacky glue along the top of the triangle where the string shows, in hopes that the burlap won't fray as easily and the string won't pull through.


Last but not least, I attached them to my driftwood stick and stuck the green E slightly higher than the rest.  Easily done in a couple hours!


Simple & Sweet!  Don't forget to stop by my Holiday Crafts board for more creative ideas!

Sharing with:
Cowgirl Up!
Submarine Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment