Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Rug

Happy Labor Day! 

I hope you are all enjoying your holiday weekend and have taken at least a few moments to enjoy friends and/or family, but most importantly YOU and the work that you do every day. 

We were able to take the horses out for a trail ride in the forest, and other then that, just working on the property and cleaning the house. 

Today I wanted to show you a quick little project I did a few weeks ago.  People are painting rugs quite a bit on Pintrest and you know me, I like to keep projects simple.  I found a rug on sale that had a really cute little design to it with different textures, but I didn't love that it was all one color...beige.  Too much beige for me. 


I grabbed some white acrylic (fabric paint might be slightly better) and started brushing it on to a small part of the rug's design.  If you are interested in doing something like this, I would suggest not putting a lot of paint on the rug.  The paint does make that part more rough than the rest.  This was a VERY easy and simple project to cutsie up a boring inexpensive rug.

Sweet & Simple!

Little teasers for this week and next (upcoming projects):
 
Don't forget to follow me on this blog!! I just finally got the button up on the sidebar so you can!  Thanks!

Sharing this project with:

Pintastic Monday
Masterpiece Monday
Sundae Scoop

No comments:

Post a Comment