Monday, November 5, 2012

Simple Fall Deco Ideas

Some years just aren't simple, so I thought I would share a few decorating tips and ideas if this has been a more difficult year for you!


Some of you may know, but my husband and I have been in temporary housing for the last 6 months with only some of our things and the rest are in storage.  Before that, we rented for 3 years and I always struggled with doing any major decorating, because I didn't want to put holes in the walls or spend money on something that wouldn't work in our own home down the road.  If you are like me, or you just needs some ideas for a tight budget, here are my thoughts:

1. Look around and find a cute piece you can tie some fall sprigs to.  In the picture above, I used a lantern and used raffia to tie sprigs onto the lantern.  We also have lots of pine cones, so I added one of those.  It's not a huge statement, but adds a little cuteness.

2. Pick up a few miniature pumpkins and stage them.  In this picture, I used a pot with sticks I already had, the mini pumpkin on a pretty candlewick pedestal.  I also added a couple pine cones from the back yard.


I used three pumpkins and put them as a centerpiece for the dinning room table.  I like to pick a variety of colors so they stand out.
4. Do a craft.  If you are like me, you have a lot of left over scraps from projects.  If you are a burlap fan, you can add a simple burlap wreath to a nob or hook already in your house.  Here is my DIY blog on these wreaths...they are super quick!
 
 
Don't be discouraged by it already being November.  It's not too late to add a few touches for Thanksgiving. 
 
Sweet & Simple!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bethany! :) I know you are getting so excited to finally be in your own place where you can do exactly what you want to! Thanks for your visit the other day- the Holiday Heritage Faire is the 16th - 18th. Friday night is the presale night. Getting excited for it- hope you can come! I'll let you know if I make it over the mountain. So far it hasn't worked out with either school schedule or a sitter for Bella.

    ReplyDelete