Thursday, March 29, 2012

Better Timing!

We've been out of town for the last 4 days, and have some great news, but more on that later.



First, I am going to share a clock I updated.  It was a clock I already had, quit using, and wanted to see if I should get rid of it or be able to update it to my liking.  I think it turned out fairly well.


This is one of those clocks that is black metal.  Just your classic Fred Meyer or Bed Bath and Beyond wedding gift clock.  I love some of the vintage alarm clocks with chippy paint, so I thought I would attempt the look. 
All you need is a couple different colors of paint.  I have seen some clocks with white, grey, and pink.  I chose to use white, ivory, and a touch of green.  These were just paints I already had.  To apply the paint, I used a paper towel to wipe on paint and for the thicker areas, I used a paint brush.  Here is the clock partially done. 


I did not do any prep for this clock other then cleaning.  Since this piece was not of huge value to me, I just went to work.  I did do some distressing once I got all the paint on that I wanted.  The goal was to have a chippy, peeled paint look.  Since the base of my clock is metal, paint peeled off pretty well.  I used some steel wool to get the peel started, and then just took paint off in little/big pieces.  Here's the finished product!


Keeping it sweet and simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment