Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Bored and Frugal pt.2


Salem has a really neat art fair every summer at Bush Pasture Park and my mom bought me this picture over 6 years ago taken by an Oregon artist.  Originally, I had it in a very gold frame.  I liked it for a while, but then it seemed a little over the top, and I have not used it for a few years.  The picture itself is still beautiful, so to change it up, I decided to attack the frame with some paint.

I forgot to take a before picture, but here is a picture after I did a bit of sanding.  Sorry for the odd lighting...the garage light isn't the best and I was doing this on a super cold day.


This frame is definitely not wood, but the smooth part was pretty slick and so I did a bit of sanding.
Once I cleaned off the dust, I used a sponge brush and paper towel to apply grey paint (same paint as the lamp I posted about Tuesday) that was left over from a different project.


I painted the smooth middle section as well as the edge and used the paper towel to take paint off.


Gold isn't altogether bad...this frame just had too much.  So I let the decorative textures stay gold and did a "rustic" paint job on the rest of the frame to mellow it down.  The end result was perfect!  I got more grey (which I love) and a bit of elegance with the gold along with a rustic touch with how much paint was applied.  I sanded the edges a bit at the end and vuwala.


Sweet and simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment