Monday, March 19, 2012

Never a wrong time for Hydrangeas!


Hydrangeas have gotten so popular to decorate with fresh and dried!  They come in so many colors and often dry a different color.  In the Pacific Northwest, hydrangeas grow incredibly well, but I did not get mine picked at a good time to dry with color.  For some reason, where my plants are located (half under the eaves), they get pretty spotty and I have a hard time picking ones that dry well. 

So in January, they hadn't been pruned back yet and I decided that the "browned" old hydrangea flowers on the dead plant actually looked kinda vintage and aged.  So I went ahead and cut some and put them around the house.  This first picture (at the top) is a bloom that stayed on the year before for even longer and turned see-through.  When I found it, I was in awe of the pretty lace-like look of it. 



Here are the others I placed around:





Keep it sweet and simple!


No comments:

Post a Comment