Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 6 of 10

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have been able to look at some of my other 5 posts for holiday project ideas.  My goal has been to provide simple, low cost, limited supply projects!


On my holiday crafts pinterest board, I have these super cute wire names/ornaments.  They are from Crafts Unleashed and I wanted to try them out and hopefully use them on packages this year.  That way once family opens their gift, they can save the "name tag" as an ornament. 


I couldn't find any super cute red and white baker's twine, so I used a light grey and white yarn that has a similar look.  So how did I do it?  Here are the supplies I used:


Yarn
Wire cutters/pliers
Wire 15.2m (other blogger used thicker)
Super glue

I started by finding a font I liked and printing the names I wanted to make.  Then I took my wire and tried to mold the names similar to the form on my paper.  This was fairly helpful to me.  This was the most intimidating part of the project for me.

Once the names were formed, I began wrapping.  As a did a couple, I learned it was helpful if I started by doing a slip knot and then wrapping so that I wrapped over the tail, then there was no loose end that could unravel.  Then, at the end, I tied a couple knots and used the superglue to dab the end and make sure the yarn would stay put.  I think they are turning out super cute.  I still have more to do, but hopefully they will be a very special and cute memento.  My gifts are going to be fun all wrapped this year! :)


I was even thinking I might do one that looks like a monogram for Jeff and I and hang it in the middle of an empty frame.

Hope you enjoyed the project of the day!

Sweet & (fairly) Simple.





No comments:

Post a Comment