Friday, November 30, 2012

Day 7 of 10


Thanks for joining me today!  I hope you have been able to enjoy some of the other projects I have featured the past 6 days.  We only have 3 days left (excluding a day of rest on Sunday).  Today's project is a Christmas centerpiece.  My mom purchased this "box" for the table at a show and it had the greenery, pine cones, white candles and some red berries with it.  It also came with the ribbon and believe tag.  She originally bought it to dismantle and use for our Thanksgiving table.


We took the berries out, the ribbon and tag off, to transform it.  I think it turned out great for Thanksgiving!  So the reason I wanted to feature this, is to give you some money saving ideas.  You don't need to go to all the work of creating something for fall and pack it away.  Look around and see if you can transform it for winter!  Mom took the gourds, pumpkins, and raffia out, then she put the wood stars, a few red berries, and the ribbon on.  The large star is a new tree topper, but since I won't be able to have a tree this year, she nestled it into the centerpiece.  I loved how the willowy dark reddish orange fern looking twigs look great for both seasons!



What do you think?  Hope it was Simple and Sweet!

Sharing with:
Show & Tell Friday
Inspiration Friday
Vintage Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment