Friday, November 23, 2012

Day 1 of 10

Welcome and Happy Holidays!  I hope your Thanksgiving was all you could have hoped for!  Hopefully you stopped by and shared with us one thing you or your family is thankful for this year!

So 10 Days of Christmas Projects begins!  Today I am going to share with you a project I tried out at the end of last Christmas (before I was blogging) and really love how they turned out.    If you like to knit or crochet, you probably have lots of odds and ends left of yarn.  This is the perfect project to use up those scraps.  I like to add touches of rustic into our decorations, but nothing over the top.  I chose different colors and textures and since we decorate mostly in red, I stuck with neutrals and RED! :)









These are very simple and inexpensive trees to make.  You can find the foam tree forms at any craft store.  The only other material you need is tacky glue.  I coated the first 1/3 of the tree with quite a bit of glue and began wrapping.  To switch off colors, just be sure and match up the yarns end to end and hold it there while you continue wrapping so it doesn't pull away. 

Once you get to the top, you can either add a topper of your choice, or coil the yarn around to completely finish off and cover the top foam.  That's it!  Fun, and you can make your tree look perfect to match your home or a friend's! 


Come join me tomorrow for another project!

Simple & Sweet!

Sharing with:

Live Laugh Linky
Thrifty Thursday
Made You Look!
Seven Alive


No comments:

Post a Comment